Zoobird

Dangerously organic!

The peppers from McRorie Garden are tasty, mild and addictive!

Ron Chandler gave me a handful of peppers the other day. I still have a few left. They are the ones you see on the left of the photo above. The 4 round ones are tangy and a little hot. Ron described the long one, the one you see with a little bit out of it, as hot. But, I think it's pretty mild.

The ones on the right are why I am writing this post. I foraged them from the compost heap. Someone threw them out. They were attached to a whole pepper plant. So, probably the gardener decided to clean out his or her patch and yanked the whole plant. Well, these are delicious! They remind me of the habaneros my friend Donny Joe used to pop in his mouth at lunch in the oil patch back in Texas. Donny kept a handful of habaneros in a plastic bag. He swore they gave him an endorphin rush.

These peppers aren't nearly as hot as habaneros. In fact, they aren't very hot at all. They are all flavor and virtually no heat. I love them!

If anyone can help me figure out what kind they are, I'd sure appreciate it. Now, maybe if I'm lucky, I can sprout a few seeds from these delicious peppers.

Views: 11

About

Michael Levin created this Ning Network.

Translate Zoobird

The Zoobird Bookshelf

Click here to visit the Zoobird Bookshelf

Your donation helps to support this website!

Zoobird

Promote Your Page Too

Reading List

Badge

Loading…

Show your colors!

© 2024   Created by Michael Levin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service