Zoobird

Dangerously organic!

The temptation to go to Cape Verde is strong after spending the last hour talking with my Senegalese friend Lamine Ba.

Click here to see where the Cape Verde Islands are on a Google Map. There's a Google Earth .kmz file attached to this post.

I'll just free associate and tell you some of what I learned talking with Lamine. He just got back from a weekend in Praia, the capital of Cape Verde, a group of islands off the west coast of Africa. The nearest country in W. Africa to the Cape Verde Islands is Senegal.

Cesária Évora is the most famous musician from Cape Verde. I'm listening to her music on Pandora as I write! You can click this link and with luck, hear the Pandora station I created for her music.

Cape Verde is a republic with Portugese roots. The main religion is Catholic. Lamine describes the geography as like mountains rising out of the sea.

Fishing is fantastic. Well, the only problem is that it;s hard to catch small fish!

If you've been to Cape Verde or know some interesting facts about the islands, or just have some questions, please feel free to join in on this discussion.

Views: 15

Attachments:

About

Michael Levin created this Ning Network.

Translate Zoobird

The Zoobird Bookshelf

Click here to visit the Zoobird Bookshelf

Your donation helps to support this website!

Zoobird

Promote Your Page Too

Reading List

Badge

Loading…

Show your colors!

© 2024   Created by Michael Levin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service