Zoobird

Dangerously organic!

Gardening in McRorie is a wonderful gift! The veggies and the people are fantastic: Maura; Dave and Jeanny (spl?); Shamal, Bob, Bruce, Blake, Mary and Ku, John and his wife, Jessica, Jeffery, Joel, Nicole, and you - I am sure I have forgotten someone - but truly an amazing group of thoughtful people!
Ok, so a bit about water:
Working with/and on behalf of water for ~30 years has taught me a couple things, 1) folks rarely miss the water until the well runs dry, and 2) it's running dry.

If you can smell water in an agricultural environment, it is being wasted.
Fan, whirl, pop-up, pivot, and pulse ("slap") sprinklers waste a lot of water. If water is dispersed throught the air, and especially if it falls atop the leaves and stems, over 95% evaporates before reaching the roots.
If you water by hand, deliver water slowly and at the base and-or drip line of the plant. The most water-conserving methods for our gardens are dew collectors; soaker hoses; drip lines and micro-drip systems. For examples of soaker and micro-drips see John's garden (or mine); which brings me to the 'invitation'.

One late afternoon, Saturday or Sunday of June or [poss] early-July, I would be pleased to demonstrate the fit, form and function, installation and maintenance of inexpensive, automated soaker and micro-drip systems. If we have 10 certain attendees, we will have the "class". Those that attend, will receive a 50 ft of soaker hose with fittings. Please let me know.
Thanks to everyone for gardening and being who you are!
Peace,
Ron

Views: 80

Replies to This Discussion

OK - Let's meet at the garden on Saturday at 4PM if that's OK with everyone.
Hello everyone:
While Friday late-afternoon would probably work best for me, it appears that Saturday afternoon may hold the most conducive weather for our workshop. We will want to give those of us that are attending Bob's (Shamal's) adios time to clean up afterward as it will be hot (~90f) and humid. Just a thought, Saturday morning is open too.
Thanks,
Ron
Whenever.
Just let me know,
Bob
Thats Ok with me.
-Bob

RSS

About

Michael Levin created this Ning Network.

Translate Zoobird

The Zoobird Bookshelf

Click here to visit the Zoobird Bookshelf

Your donation helps to support this website!

Zoobird

Promote Your Page Too

Reading List

Badge

Loading…

Show your colors!

© 2024   Created by Michael Levin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service