Zoobird

Dangerously organic!

MORE INFO ON CHRISTMAS SOCKS

Jan Zak sent me the following information:
United Way Information and Referral is now called United Way 2-1-1. People can drop socks off here 9-5 M-F. They can call me at (352) 332-4636 if they need directions, or want to drop them by a little later or a little earlier.

Last night, while we were out at Tent City, I got into a discussion of the comparative literary merits of William Faulkner, Earnest Hemingway and John Steinbeck with Gary, one of the new 'denizons thereof,' to use his expression. I realized that the tone of life out in Tent City is definitely on the rise. In fact, Gary tells me that "people are now being screened for erudition," before they are allowed to move into Tent City. This may be the ultimate solution to Gainesville's NIMBY problem. The way things are going we will soon be able to establish a literary salon, a chess club, and Friday evening tables of bridge on the green space near the downtown bus depot.

THE WIDOW'S MITE

On a slightly more serious tone, all social service agencies, including the Home Van, are seeing a big tank in donations. We understand totally. I would like to say, do not be embarrassed to make very small donations. Two dollars buys somebody a bus pass, a can of Vienna sausages (39 cents at Save-A-Lot) makes one person happy. Five dollars is a copay on a prescription. One jar of peanut butter makes a whole bunch of sandwiches.

Love you guys! We're all in this together.

arupa

The Home Van needs creamy peanut butter, jelly, Vienna sausages, white tube socks, candles, bottled water, tents, tarps, blankets. Financial donations to the Home Van should be made out to The St. Vincent de Paul Society, earmarked for the Home Van, and mailed to 307 SE 6th Street, Gainesville, FL 32601. All donations are tax deductible.

Views: 6

About

Michael Levin created this Ning Network.

Translate Zoobird

The Zoobird Bookshelf

Click here to visit the Zoobird Bookshelf

Your donation helps to support this website!

Zoobird

Promote Your Page Too

Reading List

Badge

Loading…

Show your colors!

© 2024   Created by Michael Levin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service