Zoobird

Dangerously organic!

This discussion is directed first to Zoobird Caren, who is a dietitian. We talked this weekend about uderstanding the balance between health and genetic disposition.

Caren, I am about to make some breakfast. I am struggling with the temptation that last Friday's one egg with tarragon omelette left me with. I am in possession of 4 absolutely beautiful jalapenos from the garden, half the tarragon leaves and some garlic, onion, tomatoes, green Bell peppers, mushrooms and cheddar cheese. I keep thinking about that RDA of 300mg/day of cholesterol from egs and the 215mg cholesterol/egg I see stated on the box.

I need of your voice of wisdom. Help!

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

So...as I had hoped, Caren replied:

Hi Mike, Fear not... it's not what you do at a single meal that affects your health, it's what you do every day that determins what is going on in your body. Two or three eggs a week all on one day is ok as far as I'm concerned. You will find other opinions if you look at reliable references. Caren
The answer: moderation. My middle name, as I often joke. But, I went with one egg and that decision let me use a little dollop of Irish butter on my brown bread.

RSS

About

Michael Levin created this Ning Network.

Translate Zoobird

The Zoobird Bookshelf

Click here to visit the Zoobird Bookshelf

Your donation helps to support this website!

Zoobird

Promote Your Page Too

Reading List

Badge

Loading…

Show your colors!

© 2024   Created by Michael Levin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service