1. Less is more - clean out the stuff you've accumulated
2. Ruminating about the past and worrying about the future can make you unhappy.
3. Rushing to judgment about others can lead to painful misunderstandings.
4. Paying attention to my body’s needs is of utmost importance. "For example, now I can feel how emotions are experienced in the body and how mental stress can exacerbate my physical symptoms."
5. Expanding my thinking beyond my own personal problems helps me accept the life I have.
6. Being nice to myself is the best medicine.
She mentions Seung Sahn, credited with bringing a lot of Zen knowledge to the West. That opens up more doors. You can find out more about Sahn at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung_Sahn
She also mentions Present Moment, Wonderful Moment by the Vietnamese Zen monk and teacher Thich Nhat Hanh.
Here's a link to the full article: