Zoobird

Dangerously organic!

People who know me know I love certain foods with a passion. The tastes of things like curry, chickpeas and cauliflower are incredible, when done right. And, adding raisins is so good. Somehow, there's a little twist that makes one dish taste mouth watering...

Last night, the following combo worked like a champ:

hot red pepper, cayenne, cumin and curry to taste

3 cups of chickpeas

1 onion

4 cloves of garlic

a little ginger, about an inch

a cup of raisins

2 or 3 carrots

some cauliflower if you have it

I combined the pepper, spices and browned with the onion, then added the presoaked chickpeas and cauliflower, and saved the carrots and raisins until about 10 minutes before it was done.

Some people like to add coconut milk, but I didn't because love of coconut is not unanimous in my home.

It went well with some couscous and collard greens from McRorie Community Garden.

Suggestions? My only complaint was that there wasn't that little sharp zing I get from the seasoning in some recipes.

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Mike, first I saw the photo and finally followed the link to the recipe. This social website networking multiplicity of connections boggles! So another comment - yes, the recipe looks good. To me, it looks like you are getting to method more than "recipe", which is where real cooking lives. Hmm, maybe I think recipe implies amounts and specific instructions and method is looser and more "organic" in its action. THANKS.

RSS

About

Michael Levin created this Ning Network.

Translate Zoobird

The Zoobird Bookshelf

Click here to visit the Zoobird Bookshelf

Your donation helps to support this website!

Zoobird

Promote Your Page Too

Reading List

Badge

Loading…

Show your colors!

© 2024   Created by Michael Levin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service